Friday, October 24, 2008

Berlusconi, an Italian prime minister.

No.. I would not insult Mr. Berlusconi. It is the national sport in Italy. I find this sport rather boring.

An amazing number of people like this sport in my country. Some people succeeded even to make money out of it.

Today I read on the national news agency ANSA, www.ansa.it, something very interesting.
I have ANSA as home page since 5 years, or more. Italian major newspapers suck.

Well, it seems that since october there are several protests in Italian schools and Italian universities. They want to show their disagreement toward the proposed new education system. In short: Berlusconi governament want to have less teachers better payed, rather than too many underpayed like it is now. Of course many people is afraid of possible lay offs.

In this contest, accordingly to ANSA, a Journalist asked mr. Berlusconi about the possibility to negotiate with minority leaders. He replied : "They say I am a dictator. Well, if I am so, why I should even speak with them? If I am a dictator, I just give orders. However, if I am NOT a dictator, then we are in a healthy democracy. If this is the case, how can I negotiate with somebody that state that I am a dictator and this is a regime? How can we have any dialog with such persons ? No, there will be no dialog."

I think this was a fantastic answer.

GR

http://www.ansa.it/opencms/export/site/visualizza_fdg.html_791957496.html

No comments: